Be True to Your Harp!
13th January 8PM GMT
Be True to Your Harp
What do I mean by this?! There are many definitions, but the one I want to share with you I found on www.mindbodygreen.com:
“When you are being true to yourself, you are completely honest with what you feel, deeply value, and desire. It also means communicating your feelings wholeheartedly both with yourself and others, allowing your truth to flow through you and into the world.”
I want START HARP to help you to be True to Your Harp! I feel it is completely honest to say that anyone who plays the harp deeply values this incredible instrument. Sadly, time and time again I meet adult learners who are frustrated by their playing, finding they play with hesitations, slips and uncertainty. Their perception of music and art exceeds their harpist ability, and this can make communicating musical feelings wholeheartedly on their instrument difficult.
Via the START HARP online courses I show beginner to intermediate harpists foundation techniques, improvisations, music reading, theory and playing by ear skills that enable students move forwards with their playing in the way they desire. It is using these skills that you can learn to truly communicate your musical and feelings with yourself and others, allowing your truth to flow through you and out into the world. I believe this is EXACTLY what we do every time we can play in a relaxed, connected and informed manner with our harp.
Come and join me for a ‘Be True to Your Harp’ webinar on Sunday 13th January 2019 at 8PM GMT. We will discuss what the harp means to us and how we desire to move forwards in 2019. I will also teach some practical ideas that will firstly help you IMMEDIATELY with your playing!
What will we cover in ‘Be True to Your Harp’?
- The 5 most common mistakes beginner harpists can make and how to fix them.
- A simple way to remember how to ‘turn’ well. Not sure what a turn is? No problem, we will cover that.
- Why placing is SO important. Not sure what placing is? No problem, we will cover that.
- Do you know about triad chords and their inversions? We will take a brief look at these and find out why learning them well can be ENDLESSLY useful in your playing, whatever musical style you enjoy.
- We will briefly cover a great exercise to help you work on your rolled and spread chords. Not sure what a rolled/spread chord is? No problem, we will cover that.
- I will give you a link so you can download my FREE START HARP ‘First Steps in Harp Technique’ poster.
- At the end of the Webinar I will give out a £50 discount code you can use to sign up to START HARP courses starting on January 20th this year! (actually, sneak preview…if you would like to sign up now you can use JAN19 for £50 on all levels!).
Sign up now to Be True to your Harp NOW by following this link: http://www.anymeeting.com/PIID=ED57D78184473C
(If you cannot make the WEBINAR LIVE you can sign up now anyway to receive the replay link following the event)